To celebrate Pride month this June, we’ve put together a list of online resources that may provide help, advice and support to those who need it.
Advice and support for the LGBT+ community
- https://lgbt.foundation/ – Providing support and services for the LGBT+ community
- https://switchboard.lgbt/ – An LGBT+ helpline
- https://bristolmind.org.uk/help-and-counselling/mindline-transplus/ – Support helpline for gender diverse and transgender individuals
- https://www.stonewall.org.uk/help-advice/contact-stonewalls-information-service – Information about Stonewall’s work and services
- http://www.galop.org.uk/ – Support for the LGBT+ community suffering from hate crime, domestic abuse or sexual violence
- https://www.mindout.org.uk/ – LGBT+ mental health services
- https://www.lgbthealth.org.uk/services-support/helpline/ – Health and wellbeing advice for the LGBT+ community
- https://www.theproudtrust.org/for-young-people/lgbt-youth-groups/where-can-i-find-a-youth-group/ – Find a local support group
- https://www.hidayahlgbt.co.uk/ – Support for LGBT+ Muslims
Support for family and friends
- https://www.fflag.org.uk/ – Advice and support for family and friends of the LGBT+ community
- https://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk/ – Support for gender diverse children and their families
- http://www.equalityadvisoryservice.com/ – Provides equality and human rights advice
- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ – Provides advice on a wide range of subject matters, including employment and housing
- https://www.nazandmattfoundation.org/advice/ – Free legal advice for the LGBT+ community
Virtual Pride parades
- https://archive.google.com/prideforeveryone/ – A way to connect with members of the LGBT+ community around the world
- https://www.stonewall.org.uk/our-work/campaigns/pride – Updates on postponed Pride dates in the UK
Wellbeing impacts your whole life, from the way you enjoy activities and socialise with friends right through to how you view work and prioritise daily tasks. Looking after your own wellbeing, and the wellbeing of your staff and colleagues, is imperative to developing a positive workplace culture.
Here at We Are Wellbeing, we offer a range of training, seminars and other wellbeing services to support businesses and their employees. This includes LGBT+ support from our specialist Christopher Hulme. For more information about our wellbeing programme, please get in touch.